Friday, October 3, 2008

picture update no. 1

These are some pics from a couple weeks ago of my coworkers Emi and Susan (assistant manager and emergency teacher at my school). They have been my main sources of friendship, knowledge, and help since I've been here. We've done something fun every Sat. night since I've been in Tsuchiura. On this particular Sat. night, we went to an okonomiyake restaurant for Emi's birthday and made our own okonomiyake (like a big pancake made of a variety of different foods). 
I bought a tasty snack at the store the other day. As I was looking up the name online because I couldn't figure out what I was eating, this is the closest description I found. And I liked the description so here it is for your viewing pleasure:
Taste: These snacks were shaped like pea pods, but they were actually not pea pods, but some sort of dough made primarily from peas, shaped to look like pea pods and baked. A first the taste was kind of salty, but it turned more and more into the taste of peas as we ate more. You definitely need a beverage with this snack. Our tasters like
d these.
Thanks for that, chip critics. Such insight.
This is the side of the huge store where I bought my bike and a variety of other things. Notice that it's called "Precious Outlet". I guess it's precious. Darling even!
 
a cute vw van/food stand outside the mall in tsukuba

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

please tell me that you didn't eat food served from a VW van